Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This recipe came from a Convection oven/Microwave cookbook I picked up at a local store. It's full of really great recipes. My mom was looking through it and said she wanted to try this one.
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons celery
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the peppers. Remove tops, seeds, and any membranes. Set upside down to drain.
- Fry the hamburger, onion, garlic, and celery. Drain well. Stir in remaining ingredients reserving 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce.
- Fill the peppers mounding the filling on top. Place peppers in a casserole dish. Cover and microwave 12 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoons tomato sauce on each pepper and heat uncovered until tomato sauce is hot, about a minute.