Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Lately, Mom's been doing quite a bit of my cooking thanks to being sick, dizzy, and nauseated. Other than canned chicken noodle, grilled cheese, and other "easy on the tummy" foods, potato soup is one of those things I'm enjoying because it's not spicy. This microwave recipe is relatively fast and pretty good. It's very basic and is a great "starter" recipe to be altered in any way.
- 2 cups potatoes, cubes peeled and raw
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion (we sometimes use the dehydrated minced onion)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices favorite cheese, thin slices (optional)
- bacon (to garnish) or chives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave potatoes, onion and water on high 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Cover and let rest 5 minutes. Mash potatoes with a fork into large pieces. This does help thicken the soup.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and cook on high 5 to 8 minutes to serving temperature.
- Garnish with cheese and bacon or chives.