1/1 Photo of Microwave Chocolate Snack Cake
This is sooo easy and really quite yummmy. It is also nice for small families, because it only makes a small cake. The recipe originally came from Taste of Home and they used a 700 watt oven to test the recipe. Mine is a 900 watt and you just have to adjust the time a bit to accomodate your microwave the first time you make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Ghirardelli brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt.
- 2Stir in oil, cold water, vinegar, and vanilla until blended well.
- 3Pour into an UNgreased 8" microwave safe square baking pan.
- 4Microwave on HIGH for about 6-8 minutes, turning the dish every 2 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean when inserted near the center.
- 5FOR Sauce:In a 1 quart microwave safe bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa powder until combined well.
- 6Stir in water and a dash of salt (if using).
- 7Microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the mixture comes to a boil.
- 8Once it hit the boiling point, cook another 1 minute more.
- 9Stir in butter and vanilla and mix well.
- 10Slice cake into squares and serve the warm sauce over the still warm cake.
- 11I like to add some sprinkles, shredded coconut,or chopped nuts on top too.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Microwave Chocolate Snack Cake
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.3 mg
- Sodium 208.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 44.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g