Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chicken Fricassee in half the time. Good source of Vitamin A, riboflavin, niacin, calcium & iron.
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, skinned & boned (about 4)
- 5 ounces frozen peas (thawed)
- 5 ounces frozen carrots (thawed)
- 5 ounces frozen French-cut green beans (thawed)
- 2 egg yolks
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In 2-qt microwave safe casserole dish, heat butter, covered with a paper towel, on High 45-60 seconds until melted.
- Add onion and poultry seasoning, and cook on High 2-3 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Stir flour into mixture, and cook on High 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth, and cook on High 10-12 minutes, until thickened, stirring often.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2" chunks and add to sauce with vegetables.
- Cook on High 10-12 minutes, until juices run clear, stirring twice.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg yolks, and stir in 1/2 cup sauce until smooth.
- Return sauce to chicken, and stir.
- Cook on Medium 3 minutes, or just until thickened, stirring twice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Let stand covered for 5 minutes.
Thanx a ton! I must confess I used the stovetop as I doubled the recipe & also used fresh vegs, adding 2 chopped hot green chillies.I added chicken stock to cook the sauteed veg before adding cooked chicken.Served with garlic bread,it was delicious.