Recipe by mer@
This is a super easy recipe I found in the local newspaper. It puts a new twist on everyday apple crisp and tastes great! Best of all it frees up your oven for other dishes!!
- 4 cups sliced tart apples (about 4 medium Granny Smith apples)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In an ungreased 9-inch diameter microwave-safe baking dish (I use an 8 inch square Pyrex dish),combine apples, cranberries and granulated sugar; stir to blend.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar,flour,oatmeal and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over apple mixture.
- Microwave on high (100 percent) until fruits are tender (12 to 14 minutes).
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serves 6 to 8.