1/7 Photos of Micronesian Coconut Chicken Curry
The combination of curry, coconut milk, ginger, garlic and all the vegetables was both sweet and spicy in the best imaginable way. The country's people are descended from the indigenous people, Melanesians, Filipino and Polynesian ancestors. As such, cuisine in this country reflects Spanish, Malay and Chinese cultures. Posted for ZWT7. Found in http://whatscookinginyourworld.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-111-micronesia-coconut-chicken.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken, cut to pieces (I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 2 -3 potatoes, quartered
- 2 -3 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 big red bell pepper, cut into 1x1 cubes
- 1 big green bell pepper, cut into 1x1 cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk (I used light and added a little extra)
- 2 -3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional) or 1 teaspoon minced chili (optional)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 1In a frying pan, fry the cut chicken until light brown. Next, fry potatoes and carrots, then set aside.
- 2In a sauce pan, saute garlic, onions and ginger in cooking oil for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken, coconut milk, curry powder and chili powder. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Add potatoes, carrots, red and green bell peppers and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes or until soft.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Serve hot with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Micronesian Coconut Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1045.5
- Calories from Fat 501
- Total Fat 55.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.7 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 167.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 83.6 g
- Protein 27.1 g