I found this recipe several years ago on the net when I was looking for a dessert for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter until light and fluffy; beat in the 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, egg yolk and almonds.
- 2Gradually add flour to make a soft dough that you can shape with your hands.
- 3Pinch off pieces of dough the size of a large walnut and roll between your hands into round balls or form half moons.
- 4Place about 1 1/2" apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake in a 275 degree oven 45 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets until lukewarm.
- 6Sift about 1/2 of the 1 pound powdered sugar over butcher paper; arranged in a shallow pan, and carefully transfer cookies from baking sheet to sugar.
- 7Sift more powdered sugar over tops and sides; completely coating cookies at least 1/8" thick with sugar.
- 8Let stand until cool; store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers of cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Tea Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (1332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g