Recipe by Dib's
I love it-simple and light. Serve with warm cream if you like.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
Diana, I took your advise and tried your Rice Pudding recipe too. MMMmmmm. It is a nice, creamy rice pudding with a hint of lime. I used long grain rice as that is what we prefer and since you didn't specify... :)
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- lime zest (green only, 2 inch wide strip by 3 inches long-so it's quite a chunk)
- 1 cup rice
- 1 quart milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, chopped
- ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil, add cinnamon stick and lime zest, cover and simmer for 5 min.
- Add the rice and return to a boil, stir once, cover and cook for 20 min.
- Stir in the milk, sugar and salt and simmer over medium low heat, stirring frequently until the liquid shows the first signs of thickening, around 20 min or so.
- Take from the heat and remove the cinnamon and zest.
- Beat the egg yolks until runny, stir in the vanilla and a few T. of the hot rice mix (temper it), then add to pot. Stir well.
- Mix in half the raisins, then spoon the rice pudding into a 8 inch square baking dish.
- Preheat the broiler and dot the top of the pudding with the butter.
- Broil 3-4 min, sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining raisins and serve warm.