- 4 medium potatoes, with peel
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7⁄8 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in greased casserole dish.
- Melt butter. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Pour over the potatoes and stir to coat well.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- Stir -- bake 10 minutes longer.
- Brown and crumble beef; add onion and cook until soft -- then drain.
- Stir in salsa and chopped peppers.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.