Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from a website Mennonite Girls can Cook
- 4 medium potatoes, with peel
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7⁄8 ounce taco seasoning
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in greased casserole dish.
- Melt butter. Stir in taco seasoning.
- Pour over the potatoes and stir to coat well.
- Bake uncovered at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- Stir -- bake 10 minutes longer.
- Brown and crumble beef; add onion and cook until soft -- then drain.
- Stir in salsa and chopped peppers.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
This was very tasty. It was very easy to make and we added sour cream on the top.
I love this! I add a can each of black beans & corn to the beef & onion mixture along with the salsa, letting it simmer for a few minutes before layering over the potatoes. I skip the bell pepper if I don't have one on hand, and it's still delicious.
This is very tasty! Two out of three of my kids agree, and the third one doesn't like much of anything. It's also quick & easy. Thanks for a great recipe!
We were in the mood for something spicy after all the rich Thanksgiving fare, so I chose this for a quick meal. It's great, especially since most people usually have all the ingredients on hand. I cut the butter down to 2 Tbls. and used 1/2 ground turkey with 1/2 lean ground beef and topped with reduced-fat cheddar cheese. I sauteed the onion and pepper together with the meat. This would be good with corn &/or black beans added in. Tasty, quick weeknight meal! Thanks for sharing!