Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great combination of ingredients.
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 lbs pork, in chunks
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 2 plantains, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat in hot cooking oil.
- Combine meat and the water and cook in pressure cooker.
- Process in blender the tomato, onion, garlic and cinnamon bark and strain it.
- Let cook for about 10 minutes and add the peas and plantains. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the browned meat and some of the cooking stock given off by the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the sugar.
- Let everything simmer for a while until flavors are blended.