Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Has everything! Serve with tortilla chips.
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 3⁄4 cup chili with beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons white onions, diced
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (or favorite cheese)
- In small saucepan, combine refried beans, chili with beans, chili powder, and cinnamon. Combine well and heat through.
- Spread in bottom of pie plate. Dollop sour cream on top of first layer and spread evenly.
- In small saucepan, combine salsa, garlic powder, dried cilantro, and onion flakes.
- Dollop on top of sour cream of spread evenly.
- Layer lettuce on top of salsa.
- Combine diced tomatoes, pepper, and onion. (Use more or less of the three as long as the total amount comes between 1/4 cup and 6 tbsp).
- Top lettuce with the tomato, pepper, and onion.
- Top the veggies with the cheese.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the sides bubble. The cheese does not need to melt on top. Dig in!
Very nice! I scaled the recipe down a little, used homemade refried beans and salsa. Served with cheese tortilla chips. Thanks Christine!
I made this the same day I made another mexican appetizer. It's great. I added a little extra garli and omited the onion, and of course as usual I added extra cheese. (a mixture of chedder and pepper jack. Thanks for the recipe