- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- cinnamon stick, for stirring and garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chocolate, sugar, coffee, cinnamon, salt and water in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring constantly for 4 minutes.
- Stir in milk, heat through but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and whip chocolate mixture with a wire whisk until foamy.
- Pour into mugs, top with whipped cream and place cinnamon stick in cups for garnish, if desired.