No eggs, no milk, low cholesterol. Enjoy responsibly :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend raw almonds until even and fine. Add water and dates and blend again. Strain liquid. (OR use 8 cups of almond milk). Add water to make 8 cups.
- 2Bring almond milk and cinnamon to a boil.
- 3Simmer and stir in cocoa and sugar.
- 4Add cayenne pepper, vanilla and rum right before serving.
- 5***If you have time, you can soak the almonds and dates in water overnight and then blend for a deeper flavor. Add water to make 8 cups.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Hot Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.7
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 123.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 9.4 g