Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
No eggs, no milk, low cholesterol. Enjoy responsibly :)
- 473.18 ml raw almonds
- 1892.72 ml water
- 8 dates, pitted
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml unsweetened baking cocoa
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml rum, if desired
- Blend raw almonds until even and fine. Add water and dates and blend again. Strain liquid. (OR use 8 cups of almond milk). Add water to make 8 cups.
- Bring almond milk and cinnamon to a boil.
- Simmer and stir in cocoa and sugar.
- Add cayenne pepper, vanilla and rum right before serving.
- ***If you have time, you can soak the almonds and dates in water overnight and then blend for a deeper flavor. Add water to make 8 cups.