Recipe by RayneDragon
This is the first recipe of my own that I've shared with anybody. This is a great, easy casserole that uses up that partial bag of frozen hashbrowns in your freezer. Tastes really good and is very flexible. Any ingredient can be substituted or omitted and quantities are flexible to taste. As a vegetarian, I made it veggie...but you can easily brown ground beef or chicken and add it to the mixture before baking. I hope you enjoy it!
- 946.36 ml frozen hash browns (cubed or shredded)
- 3 eggs
- 226.79 g can corn, drained
- 236.59 ml black beans, drained and rinsed
- 59.14 ml canned jalapeno, chopped into small pieces
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped
- 396.89 g can stewed tomatoes
- 236.59 ml cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the hashbrowns and the eggs.
- Mix in all the other ingredients and half of the cheese.
- Spread mixture into casserole dish(es).
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake with lid on for 45 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream on the side and sprinkle cilantro (if you like it).