1/2 Photos of Mexican Fiesta Green Chile Cornbread
I made this to go with my vegetarian chili tonight and really enjoyed it! This cornbread has a soft, almost custard like texture. Yum! Adapted from The Everyday Fiesta Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup creamed corn
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or margarine or vegetable oil)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Heat the oil in a 9-10 inch cast iron skillet or baking pan in oven.
- 3In a large bowl, sift cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl; stir mixture together.
- 4Remove the hot pan from the oven; pour in batter.
- 5Bake 25 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 6Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fiesta Green Chile Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (1039 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 475.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g