Chunky Chile Cornbread
This isn't your typical cornbread receipe. It's low fat, but really moist. Goes great with homemade soup.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1⁄2 cup canned diced green chiles
- 1. Beat together sour cream, milk, egg whites and oil.
- 2. Combine in separate bowl, brown sugar, flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- 3. Drain corn and green chiles.
- 4. Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and fold in corn and green chiles.
- 5. Transfer into a greased 8 X 8 baking pan.
- 6. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degree. Make sure you let the cornbread rest for 10 minutes before enjoying.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION