1/1 Photo of Mexican Crock Pot Chicken
6 hrs 15 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This crock pot chicken looks so delicious and is served with the red beans on the side with lettuce and tortillas, Also good served with some guacamole. The recipe comes from www.allyou.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup green chili salsa or 1/2 cup salsa, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, halves, boneless, skinless
- 2/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans, heated
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 6 -12 corn tortillas, warmed for serving
- 1Combine the broth, salsa and flour in a slow cooker, whisking to blend, stir in onion.
- 2Arrange the chicken breast in the crock-pot; cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- 3Remove the chicken breast to a plate; ladle sauce from pot into a blender and puree,(Or use Stick blender for easy clean-up), stir in sour cream.
- 4Return chicken and sauce to crock-pot; keep warm until ready to serve.
- 5Warm beans in a small pan on stove; warm tortillas in tortilla warmer in microwave.
- 6Arrange chicken on plates and top with shredded cheese; Serve with Beans, lettuce, additional salsa and tortillas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.6
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 151.4 mg
- Sodium 485.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 54.6 g