Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing side dish with just a bit of kick. You can adjust the jalapeno and chili powder to taste if you like it spicier! Makes a great base for corn salsa too. Just kick up the spices and add tomatoes and black beans.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced and seeded jalapenos (about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Cover and chill approximately 8 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
This was a light and delicious corn salad that was a perfect accompaniment to the grilled taco bar I had. My guests loved it and it would be perfect for a summer BBQ or picnic. The only change I made was I used fresh corn and grilled it before cutting it off the cob. It added fantastic flavor!
I loved this with my Mexican dinner. It was very good and everyone ate it and enjoyed it. I didn't add more of anything this time around, because some like it milder than others. I had more jalapenos on the side for those that wanted more of a kick!