This was the first dish that I ever learned how to cook. My wife loves it. I have 3 small children so when they are eating it, I leave out the Chipotle chile. I think this originally came from either Mens Health or Mens Fitness magazine. Also it doesn't hurt to sprinkle on some shredded cheddar when you are done.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 minced chipotle chiles in adobo (7 oz. can) or 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup choppen fresh cilantro
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips
- Heat the oil in large stockpot over medium high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until chicken is browned on both sides, stirring frequently.
- Add oregano and stir to coat chicken. Stir in minced chipotle(or green chiles), tomatoes, broth, and corn. Turn the heat to high and bring to boil.
- Turn heat to low, partially cover, and simmer for 10 minute until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in cilantro and 1 cup of tortilla chips.
- To serve, place remaining chips in the bottom of individual bowls and laddle soup over top.