1/1 Photo of Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
This was the first dish that I ever learned how to cook. My wife loves it. I have 3 small children so when they are eating it, I leave out the Chipotle chile. I think this originally came from either Mens Health or Mens Fitness magazine. Also it doesn't hurt to sprinkle on some shredded cheddar when you are done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 in. pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 minced chipotle chiles in adobo (7 oz. can) or 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup choppen fresh cilantro
- 4 cups baked corn tortilla chips
- 1Heat the oil in large stockpot over medium high heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook for 3 minutes until chicken is browned on both sides, stirring frequently.
- 2Add oregano and stir to coat chicken. Stir in minced chipotle(or green chiles), tomatoes, broth, and corn. Turn the heat to high and bring to boil.
- 3Turn heat to low, partially cover, and simmer for 10 minute until chicken is cooked through.
- 4Remove pan from heat and stir in cilantro and 1 cup of tortilla chips.
- 5To serve, place remaining chips in the bottom of individual bowls and laddle soup over top.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.5 mg
- Sodium 963.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo