1/2 Photos of Mexican Chicken Soup With Cilantro-Chile Cream
HEP MEP's Note:
I printed this off Ortega's web-site. The creator was a finalist in their 2002 cooking contest. It is REALLY good and really easy. My additions are a can of hominy (because I love it!) and shredded Monty Jack to top the soup. Great with tortilla chips!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
FOR CILANTRO CHILE CREAM
- 1Combine chicken broth,water and garlic in a large saucepan: bring to a boil.
- 2Add salsa,rice,oregano,and salt.
- 3Cover- reduce heat to low; cook for 15 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- 4Add chicken,beans,corn and chilies; continue cooking for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Serve in soup bowls; top each serving with a dollop of cilantro-chile cream.
- 6CILANTRO-CHILE CREAM: Combine the sour cream,diced chilies,cilantro and lime juice in a small bowl.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Soup With Cilantro-Chile Cream
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.9 mg
- Sodium 1842.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 25.1 g