Cream of Garlic Soup With Cilantro
This comes from my favorite Cuban cookbook, 'A Taste of Cuba' and is AKA Sopa de Ajo ala Crema con Cilantro. I know two heads of garlic sounds like a lot but when cooked in this soup it becomes quite mild.
- Ready In:
- 2 heads garlic
- 4 large onions, finely diced
- 5 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Separate and peel the garlic cloves.
- Place the garlic, onions, and water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir well, breaking up the garlic pieces; stir in the butter until melted then stir in the cream and serve immediately, topped with chopped cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I would rate this 5 stars since the recipe was so easy to make, but the taste wasn't as good as I had hoped. I was a little leary of using so much garlic, but in the end it did not really taste like garlic at all. All I could taste was the cream and the cilantro. I think I may try this again sometime and add some spices or something else to it.Reply