Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is super easy especially if you pick up a roasted chicken from your local grocery store. If you don't want to debone a whole chicken you can certainly substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese simply because it is delicious and I save a little on the fat and calories. Overall, this is a low fat and low calorie dish that does not taste "diet".
- 1 fryer chicken, roasted (can buy already cooked in the deli)
- 283.49 g can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 432.33 g can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 425.24 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 425.24 g can ranch style beans, undrained
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 226.79 g package reduced-fat cream cheese (1/3 Less Fat)
- 28.34 g packagedry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 9.85 ml onion powder
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml granulated garlic powder
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- Debone chicken and set aside.
- In heavy 5 quart dutch oven put all ingredients except chicken.
- Bring to a simmer stirring untl cream cheese is melted.
- Cover and continue simmering over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add diced chicken and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.