Recipe by honey fudge
this is my favorite food in the whole world, it is so delicious! it is a little on the spicy side though, since that is how we like it...
- 3 -4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or cilantro paste, i use half a tube)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons jalapenos, chopped (i use the ones in jars)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges (you can also use bottled lime juice)
- 1 avocado, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, add everything but the rice, avocado and limes, cook on high heat, bring to a boil for 30 minutes.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer, add rice and stir as little as possible until you are ready to eat.
- Add avocado chunks into soup and stir once.
- When ready to eat serve soup with juiced lime wedges, the juice adds a very nice flavor to the soup.