Sweet Diva's Note:
From Taste of Home. A zippy chowder with Southwestern flair to warm you up on a cold winter's day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped & undrained
- 1/4-1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- fresh cilantro, Minced (optional)
- 1In a Dutch oven, brown chicken, onion and garlic in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2Dissolve the bouillon in hot water.
- 3Add to pan along with cumin; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Add the cream, cheese, corn, chilies and hot pepper sauce.
- 6Cook and stir over low heat until the cheese is melted.
- 7Stir in tomato.
- 8Serve immediately; sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
- 9Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.2
- Calories from Fat 256
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 144.6 mg
- Sodium 805.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 40.0 g