Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This is a tasty make ahead appetizer that I truly enjoy. It can be made overnight or several hours in advance.
Top Review by Mrs.Jack
This is a great recipe-our guests really enjoyed it-and one of the neighbors asked if he could take home any leftovers-but there weren't any!!! Very easy and lots of flavor-thank you for sharing a great recipe!!!
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans black olives, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 3 green onions, with tops, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except tomatoes (see notes) and chill overnight.
- My notes:
- Add the tomatoes right before serving to avoid making the dish too watery as they marinate overnight.
- I prefer a medium (to fine) chop to the ingredients.
- I would add jalapenos for heat.
- Serve with Corn Chips for scooping.