I Love Olives and Cream Cheese Spread
What's not to love? This is an easy make-ahead appetizer that takes 15 minutes to prepare and is so yummy it will be gone 15 minutes after you set it on the table. Pitted black olives and pimiento-stuffed Spanish/Manzanilla olives make it look as colorful as it is delicious. Serve it with crackers or crispinis. I also use it as a sandwich spread...it really spruces up a plain old cold-cut or deli sandwich.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (I use neufchatel cream cheese as it's lighter and easier to spread)
- 1⁄4 cup pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash seasoning salt (optional)
- Mix well and chill for a minimum of 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Serve with crackers or crispinis -- OR --
- Use it as a spread on cold-cut or deli sandwiches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I nix the olive oil - no olive oil. I nix the salt - no salt as it takes away from the cream cheese flavor! Also, I did not put garlic powder in it at all. I used regular cream cheese, black olives chopped, a lesser amount of green olives chopped, added a couple of tablespoons of the black olive juice, and...totally awesome!!!!