Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was asked to bring a salad to match with rib-eyes to a friend's cottage recently. I knew there were a couple of picky eaters, so thought a variation on something familiar might do the trick. It got rave reviews from the foodies present, too! Found online at wowsie.com. I used about 2/3 of the dressing on three romaine hearts, and it fed 10 generously.
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 59.14 ml chopped shallots or 59.14 ml other mild onion
- 158.51 ml cilantro leaf
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 177.44 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 head romaine lettuce, hearts only
- 3 avocados, ripe,diced
- 236.59 ml crouton (store-bought or homemade)
- Blend all ingredients (but only half of the parmesan) up to the salt and pepper in a blender.
- Toss with the lettuce, avocado, croutone, remaining parmesan and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- This will keep up to three days in the fridge.