Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very simple layered, vegetarian, mexican-themed casserole. Due to the nature of the dish, the relative amounts of the ingredients can be varied without much difficulty.
- 1 (8 ounce) box Spanish rice mix (6 C prepared)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) container guacamole
- 8 ounces salsa (1/2 can)
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces tortilla chips (1/2 bag)
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook rice as described on the package.
- In a medium baking pan (9"x13"), spread, in layers: refried beans, rice, black beans, guacamole, salsa, and cheese.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and top with sour cream, if desired.
Very easy and tasty. I usually vary the layers according to what I have on hand, but it is always good.