Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A colorful, tasty and easy dinner. This dish was created on the spot when I was missing ingredients for a favorite recipe. It worked out well so I thought I would share it. Serve over white rice.
- 59.14 ml butter, divided
- 4-8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, diced about 1/2 cup (or more)
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 680.38 g salsa, your favorite flavor & heat level
- 411.06 g corn, drained
- Slice chicken breasts into 1/2 inch strips.
- Saute chicken in the half of the butter in a large frying pan until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Set chicken aside to keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan and saute the onions and garlic until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Put chicken back in the pan and add the salsa and corn.
- Simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.