Healthy Mexicali Chicken
Easy, healthy, and tasty! My husband and I use the Magic Bullet salsa recipe to make our own fresh salsa for this recipe, we think it makes it taste so much better! I found this recipe in Health Magazine. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup bottled salsa (or fresh, see below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- magic bullet seven-second salsa (note ( this yeilds more salsa than needed for the chicken recipe)
- 1⁄4 onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 jalapeno pepper
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 cup) or 1 tomatoes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1 small sprigs cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Prepare salsa in magic bullet; set aside.
- Spread mustard over one side of chicken breasts. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken breasts, with mustard side down; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium.
- Combine salsa and lime juice; spoon over and around chicken. Simmer uncovered until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving plates. Cook the remaining pan juices in skillet over high heat until slightly reduced, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon juices over the chicken; top with avocado. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation