Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Classic sauce for barbecues . Perfect for pork, chicken, lamb and turkey. You can keep it in your fridge for several months. The taste just gets better.
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup HP steak sauce
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup black currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup molasses or 1⁄2 cup dark sugar syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Broil the onion softly in a large non-stick skillet.
- Don’t let the onion get brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the sauce smooth in a food processor. Store in a sealed container in the fridge.