Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
Oh my; I love these! So light and crispy! I don't like making these because I can't stop munching on them! :-)
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Wesson Oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
SIFT AND ADD
- 4 cups flour, plus
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Refrigerate the dough until chilled.
- Then roll into balls and place on greased cookie sheet. Press with glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bet you can’t stop yourself from eating these!
I was given this recipe almost 30 years ago. I was unwilling to share the recipe until recently. They are wonderful. There are a number of variations that I use. Roll in colored sugar for holiday time; roll in crushed peppermint candies; frost with cinnamon or peppermint frosting. I make these every Christmas.
These cookies melt in your mouth. I didn't find mine crispy.