Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from my brother Frankie's girlfriend's mom and it looks so good!
- 1 sugar pumpkin
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork or 1 turkey
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Take a pumpkin (sugar ones are the best).
- Cut top off; clean top and set it aside (do not cook top).
- Clean out pumpkin.
- Brown ground meat; beef, pork, turkey, or ostrich.
- Brown onions; sauté zucchini and mushrooms.
- Add cooked rice to skillet; mix.
- Add 3 cans of mushroom soup.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, marjoram and rosemary; mix.
- Scoop mixture into pumpkin. Place in turkey roaster. Bake until mixture bubbles.
- Slice and scoop.