Recipe by mariposa13
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cook Book. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 7.5 carbs, 5.5 net carbs, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams protein, 3.5 grams fat, 76 cal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 14 ounces can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green beans
- 1⁄2 cup diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in heavy 2-qt saucepan over med-low heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min, or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in water, broth, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale and bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and cook for 10 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, green beans, zucchini, and yellow squash.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to med and cook, uncovered, for 10 minute.
- Divide the soup amid bowls and garnish with the basil and parmesan.