Recipe by SuperSpike
A pasta salad loaded with veggies, great to take for a potluck or to serve at a big BBQ. Best to prepare a day ahead of time so it has time to absorb all the flavors
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded, large diced
- 1 small red onion, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (7 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can artichokes, quartered in brine
- 1 (13 ounce) can black olives
- 4 radishes, halved then sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- red wine vinegar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
- Prepare vegetables as listed.
- Drain and rinse all canned items.
- Combine pasta, cheese, canned items, and fresh vegetables in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add 3/4 of the bottle of salad dressing ( I use Bernstein's Restaurant Recipe Italian) and stir to combine.
- Add parsley for extra color, add a splash of red wine vinegar (optional) to "brighten" the flavor.
- The next day, add the remaining salad dressing before serving, and stir thoroughly.