Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This zesty make-ahead pasta salad is tossed with fresh Mediterranean flavors. Recipe is from Land O Lakes.
- 4 ounces uncooked dried rosamarina pasta (orzo)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups green bell peppers or 2 cups orange bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup pitted ripe black olives, drained and halved
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Belgian endive, if desired
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 4-quart saucepan until sizzling; add bell peppers, onion and Italian seasoning.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers are just tender (6 to 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Combine cooked pasta, pepper mixture and all remaining ingredients except Belgian endive and additional parsley; toss gently.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors.
- Garnish with Belgian endive and additional parsley, if desired.
This was delicious! Made it to go along with Recipe #43342 , and it made a good accompaniment. However, it was hard to taste the lemon in the salad after the lemony soup! I think I'd like a speck of garlic--maybe let it set with a crushed clove of garlic for a few hours--and perhaps a bit more lemon. I also subbed olive oil for the butter and added pepper. Otherwise made as directed, without the endive or parsley garnishes. DH loved it; DS didn't, but that's no surprise as he hates tomatoes. Definitely will make this again (and again...and again)! Thanks so much for posting, Lainey! Made for Photo Tag game.