Recipe by Dona England
This recipe is from George Mateljan - The World's Healthiest Foods. I love his recipes and his website - whfoods.org I used Orange Roughy but any firm white fish would do fine.
- 1⁄3 lb cod fish fillet, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onion and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health promotion properties.
- Combine honey and tomatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Saute onion and bell peppers for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken (or vegetable) broth, fish fillets and tomato mixture.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until fish is cooked.
- Add basil, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.