Simply to die for, and so quick to make. Found this recipe on a card in the seafood section of my local Kroger, decided to put it here for safekeeping! I made it exactly as stated, thought I can see how there could be many variations to this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 24 ounces fresh cod, divided into 4 fillets
- 8 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 pinch dried thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels. Season fish with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet heat 4 tsp of the oil over medium high heat. Add fish and onion. Cook 1 minute, turning once.
- Top fish with tomatoes, olives and thyme. Reduce heat. Cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining 4tsp oil, sprinkle with basil. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork.