1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Chicken With Dried Apricots & Prunes
12 hrs 50 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- salt and pepper, sprinkle generously to taste
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces dried prunes, quartered
- 6 ounces dried apricots, quartered
- 4 ounces green olives, pitted
- 2 ounces capers
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large whole chicken breasts
- 1Combine all above ingredients (****EXCEPT brown sugar & white wine) into marinade. Place chicken in a zip lock bag or a baking dish that can be tightly sealed. Cover the chicken with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight if possible.
- 2One hour before baking: Time to arrange in the baking dish and bring to room temperature before cooking.
- 3Distribute chicken in single layer in baking pan, DO NOT discard the marinade. Pour it over the chicken with all the other marinade ingredients. Sprinkle brown sugar over the chicken breasts and pour white wine around the breasts.
- 4Preheat oven: Cook UNCOVERED at 325 for 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Cook to 165°F
- 5Arrange cooked chicken breasts on a platter, top with the sauce and other ingredients.
- 7This recipe yields a lot of sauce, so you can double the chicken content without having to double the marinade. It’s nice because you can make it all ahead of time!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken With Dried Apricots & Prunes
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.8
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 439.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole chicken breasts