A flavorful, Greek and French inspired dish that is great for feeding family or impressing friends or visitors.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (set aside)
- 3 (1/2-3/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts, hammered thin (usually about 1/2-3/4 lb. each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (or minced equivalent)
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- salt or pepper
- Mix flour and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a large ziploc or other clean plastic bag. Insert breasts and shake until coated with mixture.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook, turning once to brown both sides. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar on the chicken while cooking.
- Stir in onions and garlic, cook until onions are clear and soft--usually about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and wine; bring to a boil. Then stir in curry, white sugar, and salt/pepper to taste. Cover, and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or so.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation