1/4 Photos of Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Soup
I made this without the red pepper simply because I didn't have any at hand. It was still very good and in fact I'm not sure I'll include it next time, also I'll half the amount of chicken next time. The lovely broth and rice are the stars of this soup. It's rich and lemony and a real treat to this lemon lover.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 fluid ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper, strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1Boil broth in medium saucepan.
- 2Add rice and carrot; cook until carrot is tender.
- 3Stir in chicken, bell pepper, lemon juice and garlic.
- 4Combine 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and cornstarch in small bowl; stir into soup. Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk.
- 5Bring to just a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove from heat. and stir in basil before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken and Lemon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.6 mg
- Sodium 236.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 34.5 g