Recipe by Kathleen Constance
This was in our local newspaper. I had all the ingredients on hand, so I tried it. It was a hit! It is very tasty, and goes well with pasta and a salad.
Top Review by Nasseh
I made this for my husband's lunch. He didn't really care for it. He said that it had a good flavor but the chicken made it taste weird. I may try making it again without the chicken.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1360.77 g bone-in chicken pieces (thighs or full legs, or a whole chicken, cut up)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml dried Italian seasoning
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 170.09 g marinated artichokes, halves
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 118.29 ml black olives, pitted and halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove and discard skin and any excess fat from chicken. Moderately sprinkle both sides of each chicken piece with salt, pepper, and paprika. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and add half the chicken pieces and cook, turning pieces until golden brown, for 4 to 6 minutes. Remove to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, Italian seasoning, and basil. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Nestle chicken pieces into tomato mixture in the pan, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, turning chicken occasionally. Cook for about 20-30 minutes. Chicken is fully cooked when juices run clear.
- Stir in artichokes and zucchini, cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until zucchini is barely tender.
- Stir in parsley and olives, and serve over your pasta of choice.