Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
Feta cheese and olives lend a Mediterranean flavor to these tender foldovers. Scrumptous!
Top Review by Jackshoe
I wanted to like this because it is quick and easy but I found it a bit uninspiring and a little bland. I think it could be kicked up a notch by adding some sausage for some zing or something of that nature but as the recipe is now, it is just okay
- 1 (6 ounce) containercrumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs (1 1/4 cups)
- 2 ounces finely shredded romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion (4 medium)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 1 egg
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers)
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 whole ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Lightly grease large cookie sheet with shortening or spray with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix both cheeses, onions and olives. Mash with fork to break up any large chunks of cheese. Stir in 1 egg and 1 egg white with fork until well combined.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 16 biscuit rounds. Press each into 3 1/2-inch dough round. Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoon cheese mixture onto center of each dough round. Fold dough in half over filling; press edges to seal. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, beat egg yolk and water with fork until well blended; brush over dough foldovers. Sprinkle sesame seed over each.
- Bake at 350°F for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet; place on serving platter. Garnish platter with parsley and several olives. Serve warm.