Red Cabbage Salad With Feta Cheese and Olives
This is a really morish salad, rich in flavour. It is great served with just about anything! And an all time favourite of many to whom I have served it too. Also a good salad to prepare in advance - infact it's better if it is - (the 'older' it gets, the better it gets!!!!)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1⁄2 green capsicum, sliced
- 200 g sliced black olives
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- spring onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g feta cheese, crumbled (or more according to taste)
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Combine all salad ingredients together- one or two at a time- EXCEPT the Cherry Tomatoes and toss WELL.
- Combine all DRESSING ingredients together in jar or bottle and shake well, and taste.
- Drizzle dressing a little at a time over salad, and toss well to coat the salad evenly.
- Add the halved Cherry Tomatos last.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I did not have a red or a green bell pepper, but I did have 1 yellow bell pepper. I also only had kalamata olives, so I used them in place of black olives. I just realized I forgot to include (the optional) clove of crushed garlic, however, this was a really nice salad! I can't wait to let the flavors marinate a bit and try it again. This was a great way to use the red cabbage and cherry tomatoes we have overflowing from our garden this summer. I actually only made half the recipe for the dressing, & I added some oregano & ground black pepper to the dressing, just because I like that combination (the dressing is almost identical to one I make homemade all the time). I probably used only half of the amount of Feta called for, but for me, it was plenty! Thanks for sharing this healthy recipe.
This salad was totally AWESOME! This is my first time EVER using red cabbage. Since I love olives, I got carried away and also added green olives minus the pimentos, other than that I followed the recipe as written and it was absolutely DELICIOUS! Thank you Karin, I'm adding this one to my recipe files.