1/1 Photo of Meatloaf With Ground Lamb
1 hr 15 mins
Panamanian-Canadian angel's Note:
I didn't have enough ground beef to make a whole meat loaf, so I made it with half ground lamb and half extra lean ground beef. It turned out to be the most flavourful and juicy meatloaf I have ever made!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup ketchup or 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic, thyme, and basil in the olive oil until the onion is soft and almost golden. Take the skillet off the heat and let the mix cool slightly.
- 3Crack the eggs into a large bowl and beat. Add the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- 4Add the ground meats and your cooled onion, garlic, and herbs.
- 5Add the worcestershire sauce and ketchup (or tomato paste).
- 6Mix everything together and place in a greased loaf pan. Make sure you pack it down tightly.
- 7Bake for 60-65 minutes.
- 8Let it cool for 5 minutes. Drain the fat and serve!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meatloaf With Ground Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (1354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3050.0
- Calories from Fat 1930
- Total Fat 214.4 g
- Saturated Fat 80.5 g
- Cholesterol 1012.1 mg
- Sodium 3779.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 37.5 g
- Protein 183.7 g