Arabic Style Rice With Lamb Meat
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs finely chopped lean lamb or 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
- 2 cups long grain rice (Basmati is excellent)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups boiling chicken broth or 3 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron (for color with chicken broth) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (pignoli nuts) (optional)
- Brown lightly lamb meat in butter.
- Add salt and spices and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add two cups rice, stir and add the 3½ boiling Chicken Broth and mix well.
- Bring to Boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Let cool for ½ hour and put in large serving dish and ready to serve.
- You can serve with natural plain yogurt if desired.
- in the meantime rice is cooling saute ½ cup pine nuts (pignoli nuts)in 3-4 tbs. olive oil or vegetable oil until light brown.
- Decorate rice and meat dish with the sauted pine nuts and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation