Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my sister who says, "I don’t really like meatloaf, and still don’t. But these can hold their own. No ketchup needed. Plus they take a lot less time to cook."
- 1 2⁄3-1 3⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning (I use Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Put beef in a big bowl.
- Put onion, green pepper and celery in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add vegetables, egg, milk, bread crumbs, and grill seasoning to meat.
- In a separate bowl mix the BBQ sauce, salsa and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour half the sauce in with the meat.
- Mix meat mixture with hands.
- Grease muffin tin and fill each with meat mixture. (Ice cream scoop works well)
- Spoon 1 spoonful of leftover sauce onto each muffin.
- Bake 20 minutes at 450.
I used plain barbecue sauce and chopped the vegies. I didn't grease the muffin cups with the beef. I will using turkey. This is a great recipe to freeze individual meat cakes, then just reheat in the oven. Thanks for posting!