Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother's recipe, very simple yet tasty. My daughter loves when we have this for dinner! I use a meatloaf pan which is fantastic because it keeps the loaf away from the grease in the bottom of the pan.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup dry oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In large bowl mix all ingredients with wet hands.
- Form into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Top meatloaf with ketchup (I just squirt right from the bottle).
- Place back in oven for approximately another 15 - 20 minutes or until meat no longer pink.
I made this last night for my husband, brother-in-law and his wife. It was very moist and tasty. I added 1/4 lb. mild Italian sausage, omitted the salt and forgot to add the topping of ketchup - oops. My brother-in-law & sister-in-law BOTH asked for the recipe so that is a very high compliment.
Thank you for sharing this recipe.
My husband and I enjoyed this meatloaf. It was moist and tastey. The only complaint my husband had was that it needed more salt. I used 1/2 teaspoon instead of the 1/4 teaspoon of salt, but it wasn't enough for him. I used barbeque sauce instead of Ketchup for the topping. I also added a teaspoon of garlic powder to the mixture. Thanks for sharing.