Recipe by Rosemary Chapman
My family enjoyed the slightly spicy taste of this meatloaf. This recipe, submitted by a local DJ, was in our local paper.
Top Review by Jeff Spiker
Excellent !!! Best meatloaf I have ever made !! My father-in-law (who is a meatloaf conissieur) absolutely loved it(much to my mother-in-laws dismay. I made two 1 1/2 pound loafs and found the sauce quantity was plenty for both loafs. Definitely will make this one again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
- Brush the loaf with this mixture.
- Place meat loaf in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.