Recipe by Boomette
A recipe I took from a recipe book of different countries and this one is from Canada. My mother did it a few times and it's delicious.
Top Review by Noo
We really liked this.
I added a few carrots to the mix, to make it a one pot wonder, and a little extra stock, that I added a few gravy granules to add the end of cooking time, just to thicken it a little ( the kids like a thicker gravy).
The meatballs had a wonderful texture, and the whole dish tasted great. Real comfort food, made easy.
Made for PRMR.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour, roasted
- 2 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 4 potatoes, peeled, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend pork, breadcrumbs, eggs, water, mustard, salt, pepper, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg in a bowl.
- Shape into meatballs of 1 inch of diameter.
- Heat the butter or olive oil to high heat in a casserole and seal the meatballs on all their sides.
- Lower the heat to medium. Add the onions and garlic.
- Stir and keep on cooking 3 minutes.
- Incorporate flour and keep on cooking 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour the beef stock. Stir well.
- Cover and let simmer 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and keep on cooking 15 minutes , covered partially.